CDR guidance and support
“NCMD is a really important resource that works to support CDR professionals” CDOP Lead for Child Death
The following range of resources and guidance is designed to support CDOPs and other CDR professionals to deliver a robust CDR process. From arranging a CDR meeting through to effective completion of forms, we are working to continually add to this set of resources over the duration of the programme.
More resources from NCMD
Available on request (by email): Sample analysis form.
More guidance to support effective form completion is listed below…
How can CDR professionals help to ensure that categorisation of deaths is consistent?
Notice for CDOPs regarding improvements to CDR statutory forms – find out more…
A flowchart for CDOPs and CDR professionals about who should receive reporting forms.
NCMD’s webinar on how to complete an effective analysis form, complete with a hands-on example from Prof Peter Fleming…
Guidance for CDR professionals on how to complete a Child Death Notification form effectively.
Meetings and JAR
Guidance to support effective meetings and JAR.
Guidance for CDR professionals on how to hold an effective Child Death Review meeting (CDRM).
Helpful hints to help with running local and regional themed CDOP meetings.
Guidance: Joint Agency Response (JAR) to child deaths during COVID-19.
Helpful hints to help CDOP meetings to run smoothly online.
If you would like to receive updates of our latest resources and guidance by email, then sign up to our mailing list…
Other useful information
Key links and information can be found below…
- Statutory Child Death Review (CDR) forms
- List of local Child Death Overview Panels (CDOPs) from DHSC
- Child Death Review Statutory and Operational Guidance
- Guidance on inter-agency working, Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018)
- When A Child Dies leaflet
- Information from the NHS, Learning From Deaths
- NCMD postcard for families
- Information from Sands about neonatal death
- Information from Lullaby Trust on sudden and unexpected death
- More for families from NCMD
More from NCMD:
- NCMD webinars for CDR professionals
- COVID-19 and child death
- NCMD 2019 annual report
- All NCMD publications
- Safety notices
- NCMD blog
- NCMD newsletters
- CDR background
- NCMD’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Also available on request (by email): Advice and flowchart on Terminations of Pregnancy (ToP)
- A complete list of all resources from NCMD can be found here.
More from the sector:
- Key links from other organisations